Nesciunt vel sed et dicta aliquid qui hic eius. Rerum qui commodi soluta id eos expedita corporis.
Shakshuka is a delicious North African dish made with tomatoes, peppers, spices and eggs. The high protein content of this makes it perfect not only for breakfast, but any meal of the day!
Shakshuka is a North African dish and it is also widely eaten in the Middle East. One of the best things about this dish is that you can have it for any meal of the day. The recipe makes 1 serving and takes about 15 minutes to make.
30g feta cheese
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 red pepper, deseeded & sliced
1 white onion, finely diced
120ml passata (or 120g chopped tinned tomatoes)
1 teaspoon dried basil or a handful of fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon dried oregano or a handful of fresh oregano leaves
1 teaspoon ground cumin
A pinch of cayenne pepper
A pinch of pepper
1. Begin by melting the butter in a small frying pan over a medium heat and then add the sliced red pepper and finely diced onions. Cook gently for around 10 minutes, or until the vegetables have turned soft and golden, stirring often to prevent sticking.
2. While the vegetables are softening, measure out the spices and passata.
3. Once the vegetables are cooked add the passata and all of the spices except the cayenne pepper. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes
4. The sauce should look rich and delicious. Crumble the feta cheese into the pan and using the back of a spoon make two small hollows in the surface of the sauce. Crack the eggs into the hollows and sprinkle with the cayenne pepper.
5. Put a lid on the frying pan and let the eggs poach in the sauce. This stage is important, so if you don't have a lid for your frying pan just use any lid that is larger than your frying pan or even a baking tray. Check the eggs often, remove from the heat once the egg turns white and the yolk has turned golden yellow.
Use a large spoon to serve into a bowl.
The eggs will keep cooking in the sauce, even when the heat has been turned off, so if you like runny yolks take the pan off the heat a little earlier.
Calories 327 Kcals
Oct 13, 2019
Absolutely love this for lunches at weekends of if I'm working from home. It's best eaten fresh but you can store what you don't eat in the fridge and either reheat in a frying pan or microwave.
The 101 Plan will change your life! Step by step, month by month we help you to be the healthiest, happiest you that you can be.
The 101 Plan is the only guide you will need to transform your body, lose weight, tone up and get fit; but if we stopped there we would be letting you down!
Your happiness is about more than how much you weigh or your dress size! And that is why The 101 Plan is about all of you, helping you stress-less, feel amazing, finding the time and confidence to love yourself and your body.
REG Name+ADDRESs • SNF Consulting LTD, Brynford House, 21 Brynford Street, Holywell, Flintshire, CH8 7RD, UK
REG COMP NO • 09509964
Copyright © SNF Consulting LTD