Nesciunt vel sed et dicta aliquid qui hic eius. Rerum qui commodi soluta id eos expedita corporis.
Insanely simple, rich, creamy chicken korma made in minutes…what are you waiting for, get cooking!
Cooking ‘from scratch’ conjures up images of spending hours in the kitchen preparing meals, and that means that lots of us feel like we don’t have the time to be healthy or it's just going to be too hard. That’s one of the biggest reasons I started The 101 Plan; making good food doesn’t need to be complicated or take up all your free time. That is why we love to bring you simple, low effort recipes that you can make whatever your skill level in the kitchen.
This lazy chicken korma could not be easier to make. Chop and cook some onion, mix together some spices with yoghurt and add to the onions to make a korma sauce; pour over chicken and bake in the oven, it’s that simple.
Take a look on the internet, and you’ll find many, many different ways to make a korma, we’ve kept it as simple as possible, using just a couple of spices; turmeric, garam masala and a little chilli.
If you want to be a bit more adventurous, you can add in ½ a teaspoon of ground cumin, ¼ teaspoon of ground cardamom and a teaspoon of grated fresh ginger.
Turmeric has become something of a ‘superfood’ in recent years because it contains curcumin, which has been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects and to be a strong anti-oxidant. While the benefits are backed by research, the research has been done using extracts of curcumin in quantities which would be hard to achieve through eating turmeric. This is why health food shops have exploded with turmeric supplements.
Time: 45 minutes (30 minutes of this is baking in the oven)
½ white onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
200g chicken breast fillets, cut into 3cm pieces (or buy ready chopped)
2 teaspoons of sunflower oil
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of garam masala
½ teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
½ tablespoon caster sugar
125g low-fat plain yoghurt
30ml coconut milk
20g flaked almonds
Salt & Pepper
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 180°C.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a pan and gently fry the onions for around 3 minutes until it has turned translucent. Then add the garlic and fry until both have begun to caramelise.
3. Add the spices (turmeric, garam masala and chilli powder) and sugar to the pan and let the spices roast for a minute or so, until the smell is incredible.
4. Stir in the yoghurt and milk. Let this simmer gently for a couple of minutes and remove from the heat.
5. Place the pieces of chicken into a casserole dish and pour over the yoghurt sauce. Cover the dish and bake in the oven for around 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked.
6. Before serving sprinkle with flaked almonds. We love to serve with basmati rice – check out our perfect every time rice recipe.
Oct 13, 2019
Absolutely love this for lunches at weekends of if I'm working from home. It's best eaten fresh but you can store what you don't eat in the fridge and either reheat in a frying pan or microwave.
The 101 Plan will change your life! Step by step, month by month we help you to be the healthiest, happiest you that you can be.
The 101 Plan is the only guide you will need to transform your body, lose weight, tone up and get fit; but if we stopped there we would be letting you down!
Your happiness is about more than how much you weigh or your dress size! And that is why The 101 Plan is about all of you, helping you stress-less, feel amazing, finding the time and confidence to love yourself and your body.
REG Name+ADDRESs • SNF Consulting LTD, Brynford House, 21 Brynford Street, Holywell, Flintshire, CH8 7RD, UK
REG COMP NO • 09509964
Copyright © SNF Consulting LTD