Nesciunt vel sed et dicta aliquid qui hic eius. Rerum qui commodi soluta id eos expedita corporis.
Most of us don’t get enough vegetables in our diet, so it really helps start the day off with some veggies in your breakfast, and these cauliflower egg cups not only tick the veggies box, but they are divine!!
The egg cups take about half an hour to make, but most of that time they are in the oven baking, so you get on with other things.
You can enjoy the egg cups on their own or serve them with mushrooms and wilted spinach - it's worth the extra effort to chop a few mushrooms cook them in a pan or in the microwave and throw some spinach in a pan with a small nob of butter for a couple of minutes.
Time: 35 minutes
480g Cauliflower ‘rice’. (or make your own see tips below)
1 extra-large egg, whisked
50 grams cheddar cheese, (or Mozzarella)
25 grams grated Parmesan cheese
1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, (or 1 teaspoon onion powder) 12 small-medium sized eggs
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Lightly spray a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking oil spray, or alternatively, you can line them with paper liners.
2. Put the cauliflower rice into a microwave safe bowl and heat for about eight minutes or until soft (alternatively, lightly steam over a pot of boiling water or in a vegetable steamer until soft). Remove and allow to cool for a good five minutes before handling.
3. Using paper towels, an old tea towel or a cheesecloth, squeeze out as much liquid as you can until hardly any liquid is produced (It’s less messy if you wrap the cauliflower in the towel or cloth and squeeze it into a ball over the sink).
4. Transfer back into your bowl (make sure there’s no liquid in it), and add the whisked egg, cheeses, salt and garlic powder.
5. Divide the mixture into each muffin hole and firmly press them with your fingertips to create a ‘nest’ or cup.
6. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted, the cups are golden, and the edges are browned.
7. Remove from the oven, break the eggs into each cup, season with salt and pepper, return to the oven and bake for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the whites are set and the yolks are cooked to your liking.
8. Allow them to cool for five minutes before handling them, or they may fall apart. Lightly slide a knife around the sides of each cup, then using a fork, gently lift one side first (to make sure they’re not sticking to the bottom) and lift out of the pan.
9. Garnish with red chilli flakes and parsley. You can have the egg cups all on their own, but for a next level breakfast serve them with mushrooms and wilted spinach.
1. For convenience you can buy pre-prepared cauliflower rice in most supermarkets, but it is straightforward to make your own. One cauliflower will make give you about 400g – which is enough to make this recipe work. To make your own ‘rice’, break off the stalk and leaves from the cauliflower and cut into florets. Pulse the cauliflower in a blender in two batches for about 30-50 seconds until a fine ‘rice’ type texture is formed - it’s ok if there are a few bigger pieces in there. (Be careful not to over process or the cauliflower will form a raw purée.)
2. You can prepare the cauliflower mix the night before to make it quicker in the morning to make your breakfast.
3. They are best served fresh, but you can store in the fridge and reheat. Or prepare the ½ the cauliflower mix and just make 6 egg cups, or prepare the cauliflower mix and make a few egg cups and keep the rest of the mixture in the fridge for another day - it will store in the fridge for a few days.
Oct 13, 2019
Absolutely love this for lunches at weekends of if I'm working from home. It's best eaten fresh but you can store what you don't eat in the fridge and either reheat in a frying pan or microwave.
The 101 Plan will change your life! Step by step, month by month we help you to be the healthiest, happiest you that you can be.
The 101 Plan is the only guide you will need to transform your body, lose weight, tone up and get fit; but if we stopped there we would be letting you down!
Your happiness is about more than how much you weigh or your dress size! And that is why The 101 Plan is about all of you, helping you stress-less, feel amazing, finding the time and confidence to love yourself and your body.
REG Name+ADDRESs • SNF Consulting LTD, Brynford House, 21 Brynford Street, Holywell, Flintshire, CH8 7RD, UK
REG COMP NO • 09509964
Copyright © SNF Consulting LTD